Know Your Rights
New York real estate law is complex and it is always a good idea to consult an attorney.
Most commonly asked questions, at your fingertips. find the answers to your questions here.
Welcome to our Website
Firm Overview - Real Estate
Cohen, Frankel & Ruggiero, LLP founded in 1995, is a Manhattan-based law firm with a satellite office in Queens County. A large portion of the firm's resources is dedicated to the practice of real estate law, including both transactional matters and litigation in all five boroughs of New York City, as well as Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties. The firm represents first-time and experienced purchasers/borrowers and sellers. The transactions in which the firm represents these parties vary from transfers of property involving single co-operative unit, condominium or homes to more complex commercial matters.
For over 25 years, Louis J. Ruggiero, Esq. has represented private individuals, institutional lenders and mortgage brokers in varied real estate transactions. He has been involved in New York state real estate practice as an associate in a large firm, as a solo practitioner and as a member of Cohen, Frankel & Ruggiero, primarily responsible for the real estate practice of the firm.
Among some of the services provided are:
- full document preparation, including mortgage loan documents
- preparation of all closing-related documents, including deeds, transfer documents satisfactions and powers of attorney
- title closing services and witness closings
- recording of deeds, mortgages and satisfactions
- ordering and verification of payoff letters
- negotiation with judgment creditors for short payoffs
- general representation of lenders, purchasers and sellers of all and commercial properties, including cooperative units, condominium and multiple dwellings
The firm employs a customer service-oriented staff to assist with all closings, document preparation, funding and post-closing administration of the files. Thank you for considering our firm and we hope to be given the opportunity to be of service to you.